Why study Japanese?

My dad used to live in Japan for a year when I was five years old. I always got wonderful gifts very time he sent packages back. Since then, in my mind Japan has been a place where beautiful and quality goods are produced. As I grow older, I get to learn other fascinating aspects of Japanese culture, and naturally desire to get to know this country more by her own words. 


Fortunately, as a graduate student of history in Columbia University, I am required to take Japanese classes for at least 3 years. This opportunity is tremendously beneficial because not only I will learn how to communicate with Japanese friends for my future trips to Japan, but also it will equip me with the reading skills I need for reading Japanese scholarships on medieval religions. Thanks to my wonderful teachers, I am making progress everyday, and hopefully this blog faithfully records such progress. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts